- Online Therapy
- Meet the Team
Depression Treatment In Boca Raton
Are you feeling down, lost, sad or lonely most of the time?
- Have you experienced low energy, too much or too little appetite, and insomnia or too much sleep?
- Do you struggle to get out of bed in the morning?
- Are you constantly thinking negative thoughts and imagining the worst possible outcome?
We all experience sadness and feel depressed during difficult or stressful times in life. However, if you are suffering from depression, you may be sad most of the time and thinking negative thoughts may make it difficult to function in your daily life.
We Want To Let You Know There is Help For Depression!
Depression can cause problems in your life in your family, your relationships, at school or work.
- At home, you may be isolated from your family, not talking as much, sleeping or not participating in family activities like you used to.
- You may also be irritable and angry. Your relationships could be affected because your friends and family may not understand what you are going through and want you to get over it.
- At work or in school, you may have trouble concentrating or focusing on your work, therefore making it difficult to get tasks completed. Or you may have lost your job.
We have successfully treated clients with depression for the past 20 years. We use cognitive therapy, relaxation and mindfulness techniques to help our clients feel better.
We also empower our clients to make lifestyle changes including exercise, nutrition, and increasing social support to improve their symptoms of depression.
There is help and hope for your depression!
Depression can sneak up on you. Or you may be going through a difficult time in your life that caused the depression. It is not your fault. It’s caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, meaning the neurochemical levels in your brain are out of whack.
Depression can make life very tough. Regardless of the source of your depression, you are not alone. Depression affects 14.8 million American adults. Women experience depression at twice the rate of men. The good news is – there is hope and help! There is treatment that works! You don’t have to let depression control your life! You can feel better today!
When you are depressed, it can feel like you will never get out from under a dark shadow. However, even the most severe form of depression is treatable.
If you are struggling with depression, you are not alone!
We work with a lot of amazing people whose depression is stopping them from living their life to the fullest!
There can be a multitude of reasons. Here are some of the most common reasons.
- Marital problems or going through a divorce
- Work problems
- Parenting issues
- Post Partum depression
- Financial issues
- Sadness and guilt
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Excessive hunger, fatigue or loss of appetite
- Crying, irritability, or anger
- Forgetfulness or lack of concentration
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities
Through working with an experienced therapist, you can begin to:
- Understand why you feel this way
- Reframe your negative thinking
- Implement behavioral and lifestyle changes that will help you feel better
- Find the triggers for your depression
- Work through the root cause of your depression
- Learn tools to help you focus and concentrate so you can complete tasks
- Build better relationships and improve current ones
- Reduce isolation and build social support
- Set healthy boundaries like learning to say no. Determine what boundaries are right for you.
- Talk with an experienced therapist who can provide useful feedback or more positive ways to handle life’s situations.
- Improve your self-esteem and self-confidence so you will feel happier and more confident!
We believe things don’t change unless we do something about them. And, things can get better quickly when you are working on them with help and support.
With a plan, attention, and action, you can move through depression and function with greater ease.
We have extensive experience in providing treatment for people who struggle with persistent and overwhelming sadness and hopelessness. When you are feeling depressed, it just means that your neurochemical levels(feel-good chemicals in the brain) are out of alignment.
Through counseling, you can learn how to talk back to the thoughts that cause your depression and build new habits and patterns of response that will result in feeling happier.
Through depression counseling, we will guide you to respond with a personalized depression treatment plan crafted just for you. Once you feel better, you can feel free to create a life that is driven by your interests, values, and goals.
It is important to us that you feel comfortable in our sessions. Our offices look much like a cozy family room. We invite our clients to kick off their shoes if they want, grab a pillow and get comfy.
During your sessions, we will talk, laugh, and we may even shed some tears together. It is a mutual conversation, and during depression treatment, we will form a partnership with long-term healing as our goal. If you don’t agree with us on something, we want to hear it!
You are the expert on your life, and together we will work to find what best meets your needs. You will get the tools you need to feel better about who you are and what you want for your life.
We want to hear your story. As you talk about the things that are difficult for you, We will provide guidance, support, and direct and honest feedback.
With help, you can learn how to problem solve and discover solutions that will make life easier. You don’t have to live a life weighed down with depression anymore. Instead, you can begin to function with greater joy and ease.
Research shows talk therapy can help many people better identify and address the issues that are causing them pain. Many of our clients report relief from stress, anxiety, and depression after coming for just a few sessions with us.
While you certainly have the inner strength to handle this on your own, we believe that having the support and perspective of an unbiased third party can make the process easier and sometimes faster.
We can say most of our clients feel better after working with us, and we will do our best to support you in your treatment for depression.
Sometimes clients with severe depression will need more than just therapy for relief. To determine what is best for you, we will actively seek out your opinions on how you see your anxiety treatment is progressing.
It is most definitely your choice whether to choose medication or not. Whenever possible, We consider whether your symptoms can be alleviated without medication. We like to give talk therapy a shot for the first 3-4 weeks to see if your symptoms improve.
Most of the time, symptoms do improve. However, if they don’t, we will address the option of medication again. Sometimes, even temporary medication can help you clear hurdles that may in the way of progress and relief. Ultimately, it will be up to you.
You deserve to have a helping hand when you are struggling. It doesn’t have to be this hard. You can feel happy, confident and in control of your life. Depression counseling can help you get there.
We invite you to call us today at 561-203-9280 for your free phone consultation to talk to our friendly staff, share your story, and set up an appointment.
You don’t have to keep suffering through this depression on your own. You deserve to feel better now.
Once you learn to manage your anxiety, you can focus on your goals and interests, and get back to living your most authentic life! Contact us for a free 15-minute phone consultation today!